Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam, Department of Economic and Community Development Commissioner Bob Rolfe and Dong-A Hwa Sung Co., LTD. officials announced today that the company will locate its first U.S. operations, Dong-A USA, Inc., in Martin. The home appliance and automotive supplier will create approximately 220 jobs and invest $13 million in Weakley County, which […]
The Delta Regional Authority (DRA) today celebrates 49 new graduates of the Delta Leadership Institute (DLI) who will collaborate with DRA’s leadership team to continue helping create jobs, build communities, and improve lives across the Mississippi River Delta region and the Black Belt of Alabama. Read the full press release below. Delta Regional Authority Press […]
“Weakley County Reading Railroad is excited about Tennova’s commitment to the success of our organization and the children of Weakley County. As County Mayor, there is no bigger issue than workforce development in recruiting and retaining industry to our community. It is my belief that this practice starts at the most primary level and the […]
A STRONG COMMUNITY LEADER
with proven conservative success
Thank you for allowing me to serve as your mayor; your commitment to our county has been key to the many successes we’ve celebrated!
Our family, our faith and our service make Weakley County great, as we work together for conservative principles – strengthening the future for our children through education, jobs, and community!
SUPPORTING ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
Jobs and the economy must be the #1 priority for every West Tennessee community, but especially in Weakley County.
- Fostered an environment where the average unemployment rates have decreased from 10% to 5% since 2014, resulting in nearly 900 jobs being added to the Weakley County Economy
- Focused on the future by personally writing and facilitating state and federal grants for economic, industrial, retail and community development
- Increasing the quality of Weakley County’s workforce by being active with the Northwest TN Workforce Board and worked to have Weakley County as an ACT Work Ready Community
- Concentrated on job creation, retention and cultivation of existing industries and businesses.
STRENGTHENING OUR COMMUNITIES
Agriculture is the largest industry in Weakley County and we must embrace, support and promote our local farmers.
- Supportive, engaged and involved in activities and events throughout Weakley County.
- Continues to strongly advocate for high-speed broadband options for every resident, business and industry in Weakley County.
A good education system is the backbone of any community. An education is more than just test scores; it is the most critical building block for the future of our young people and their best hope of obtaining well-paying jobs.
- Advocate for early childhood literacy through service to the Governor’s Books from Birth Foundation Advisory Council, Weakley County Reading Railroad, and Read to be Ready.
- Strong supporter of the Governor’s Drive to 55 through the TN Promise, TN Reconnect, Complete Tennessee and Pathways Northwest Tennessee.
PO Box 725
Dresden, TN 38225